Here’s What To Look For In A Commercial Ice Melt
Come winter, and you can find yourself scrounging markets to check the best ice melt for new concrete or any other type of ice melt available. Or if nothing else is available, finding the largest shovel to clear the pathways or premises.
If you are a new commercial establishment or a large factory with revamped concrete, finding the perfect ice melt for new concrete can be quite a task. But we have a solution right here!
Let us take you through different ice melt compositions and their qualities to help you make an informed decision.
We know that ice melt breaks the bond between ice and concrete and helps clear the ice much faster. But there are different types of ice melt with temperature variations that you need to know too.
(The minimum temperature mentioned below states that anything below the ice melt will not be effective at all)
1. Rock salt (NaCl) is also known as Sodium Chloride and is probably one of the most common ice melt products in the market. If you have guard dogs in your premises, this is not the ideal dog safe ice melt. It is highly corrosive and damages your concrete and vegetation in due course. It is best up to 15 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Calcium Chloride (CaCl2) works best up to a minimum of -25 degrees Fahrenheit temperature. It contains a high amount of chlorine. They are slightly less damaging to the environment than rock salt; however, they are not entirely safe. They are also quite abrasive to metal and concrete and can eventually erode your premises.
3. Calcium Magnesium Acetate (CMA) works best up to a minimum temperature of 15 degrees Fahrenheit approximately. It is not exothermic and slightly corrosive by nature. However, that means it may damage your vegetation and new concrete over a period of time.
4. Magnesium Chloride (MgCl2) works up to a minimum temperature of -15 degrees Fahrenheit approximately and has high chlorine levels. It is not very safe for the environment. It tends to leave a residue around the premises and may be harmful to your pets, especially dogs, and the soil around as well.
5. Ice melt for new concrete 100% safe for the environment
With a 100% environment-friendly and powerful ice melt, you can now enjoy a completely safe premise without having to worry about dogs or yourself. All you need to do is scatter it all over the snow or ice and see it work like magic.
Since it directly penetrates the snow and the molecular ice structure, it destabilizes it completely. As a result, it melts much faster than any other product in the market and well below sub-zero temps too.
100% salt & chloride-free, fast acting Ice Management Solution
If you are looking for a dog safe ice melt that does not damage the flora or your new concrete, or metal, you need to check this out now. Do not compromise on the quality of the product based on its price. You can now do your bit and enjoy a safer environment and pet-safe product for your office or commercial establishment.
Try Also Our Other Winter Safety Products:
The Original and #1 Selling Pet and Child Safe Ice Melt for over 20 years. Guaranteed environmentally safe – will not harm waterways and sensitive wetlands. Safe Paw can change how winter affects our planet.
Walk On Ice
Prevent slips at home, work or on the go, with the 100% naturally occurring minerals that provide instant traction on ice or snow. Use it on sidewalks, steps, or as instant traction agent for your car’s tires.